I must talk about it
Accepting you have stress is the first step to happiness. Learning to TALK, about how you feel, Figuring how to deal with these feelings, making a plan are some of the many things you can do, to help reduce stress. These pages cover the topics discussed. Please feel to comment below.
A Few Little Tips…
- Accepting you have this – is the first and most important things you can do. Sounds odd, but many people put this off, often thinking ‘it’s just a bad day’, or it will pass.
- Learn to talk about it
- Try to figure out when it happens most: ‘triggers’, once you do this, you can work out a plan, to help get you through those difficult times in the day.
Consider ‘coping strategies’, these can be helped along by advice from a professional
- Use all the support that you can. These includes, friends, support workers, doctors, official NHS websites. – NEVER DO THIS ALONE
- Always have a goal for each day – you will feel better at the end of the day if you do this
- Re-think your ‘me time’, always look after your well-being:
ALWAYS HAVE A BREAK at work (see work stress techniques page on this website)
- TRY RELAXATON TECHNIQUES (Look at the meditation page on this website)
- USE THE OUTDOORS, FOR WALKS OR SOCIALISING
Plenty of sleep is needed
Drink plenty of fluids, it really helps if you are hydrated